miercuri, 23 iulie 2008

To my Prison Mate


Hello, prison mate I've never met,
Sharing the same life,
Soaked in tears, all wet,
Waiting to dry in the sun of joy.

I wish I carried your heavy skies,
I wish you carried mine.

Hey, prison mate, I've just remembered your name,
Similar to mine, and your mind,
That you hide in words, yet I can find
It so brilliant, underneath what you say.

I wish I took off your chest the earth where you were burried,
I wish you took me out of my tomb.

Prison mate, looking at you, I can't stand you wounds
Though I don't tell you to cover them;
Your hands carry the shade of your shackles, the same
That surrounded my wrists.

I wish I could take your pain in my body,
I wish you endured my endeavours.

Dear prison mate, I can't say I love you
I don't know if I love you or not,
Yet I'd give you my chances for escaping,
Though I don't have a lot.

I wish I could set you free,
I wish you gave me wings to fly.

Niciun comentariu: